Oversized tank? Will 426 fit on a 03 450

3 replies to this topic
  • doc427

Posted March 16, 2009 - 03:31 PM

I have a buddy that has an oversized tank he purchased for his yz400 then installed it on his yz426. He is not using it anymore and i was wondering if it would fit on my 03 yz450? if it does do the plastics fit as well?

• Birdy426

Posted March 16, 2009 - 04:21 PM

Negatron...all new tank and shrouds for 03, same with the air box and side panels. Fenders will work though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doc427

Posted March 16, 2009 - 05:24 PM

bummer, he was going to sell it to me for 40 bucks, i suppose "negatron" means there is no way to make it work either.

• Birdy426

Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:19 PM

bummer, he was going to sell it to me for 40 bucks, i suppose "negatron" means there is no way to make it work either.

The holes that attach the tank to the frame are lower on the 450. If you search around on converting 426 plastics (very similar to 400 plastics) to 450 plastics (to get the lower CG that the 450's had), you can find a drawing of the brackets that you have to fab to move the holes. I suppose you could fab similar brackets to move the holes up, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

As far as the air box and side panels, that would require a 400/426 subframe.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.