XR650 flat as a fart!!!!!!!!!!!

21 replies to this topic
  • Dutch

Posted February 22, 2003 - 11:50 AM

The 17" wheel/tire combo is a smaller diameter than the 18" wheel/tire that comes stock. That will make the gearing he has installed less radical. How about finding a motorcycle tuner or shop and pay them a 1/2 hours mechanics time to look the bike over? My bet is that the motor is set up wrong, jetting is wrong, or the intake wasn't done.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aussie_650

Posted February 22, 2003 - 02:26 PM

The gearing will be the problem.

You can make any bike snap, but only a few will do 100 mph after that.

Case in point, if i run 15/47 my bike(650R) slowly picks up the wheel in second gear.

If i change to 14/47 it almost flips in second and pulls wheelies in third.

Before any comparison of bike check gearing. I've seen WR's accelerate almost as hard as my 650R but they run out of puff once you push past 80 mph.

In this counrty an Lc4 weighs more than an XR so don't always believe manufacturer statistics.

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.