c&s gearing question

2 replies to this topic
  • minty0_10

Posted March 16, 2009 - 12:13 PM

im due soon to change the chain and sprokets on my wr450 i only use it for green laning but when the time comes to do some road work in between im finding the bike is reving a little high for my liking at 60mph
any ideas as to whats the best combo size sprokes to go for next?
still on standared at the moment :)

one last thing im find my chain is alway making a hell of a noise half way through a days riding starting to notice its wearing my subframe.
is this down to the chain being well worn.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lennie

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:33 PM

I have tried 13/50, 14/50 and 15/50 on my 04 WR and done over 7000 miles and 14/50 is easily the best. The bike will do 90 so you can roll along doing 70 no worries.

• minty0_10

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:55 AM

so that would equal out as a 15 front 47 rear to.
rather go smaller on the rear the chains very close to the clutch part of the casing as it is.
witch also reminds me is there any sort of gaurde i can buy to help save it if the chain comes off?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.