J Law replica YZ450f

13 replies to this topic
  • djtroy

Posted March 16, 2009 - 12:05 PM

I have had this bike since 06 and it has close to 300 hrs on it. At first it was blue, then it was white with the Boost Mobile graphics kit and now recently with the addition of the Rekluse E Axle and my new love for this bike I decided it needed a face lift.
New items:
Lightspeed guards
SDG seat
plastic
One Industry graphics
chrome hubs
Excel rims
Pro Taper bars
Dunlop tire
X Ring chain
Renthal Twin Ring sprockets

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• erickdj

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:04 PM

Awesome, great work. That bike should be good for a long time, no need to get rid of it anytime soon. I don't think anything else out there would be that much better. Now go ride it!

• LAndrew

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:27 PM

Can you report on the wear of that Renthal Twinring - once you get some hours under it?

• clutchless

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:28 PM

nice work!

• lilyamaharacer9

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:30 PM

Dont you mean 30hrs. haha That bikes is very clean for 300 hours, and im sure will be once it hits 600.

• DMC707

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:32 PM

beautiful

• djtroy

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:48 PM

Dont you mean 30hrs. haha That bikes is very clean for 300 hours, and im sure will be once it hits 600.

No I meant 300 hrs :) I have ridden that bike almost everyweekend at least once or twice since I bought it in 06.
I have to replace the clutch cover. Thats usually the only spot that shows wear marks.

I am waiting for One Indistries to be able to print backgrounds with numbers. They told me they will be able to do it in a few weeks.
I hate the stick on numbers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted March 16, 2009 - 02:17 PM

very nice bike. it looks great.:)

btw do you have a hourmeter on your bike

• djtroy

Posted March 16, 2009 - 03:29 PM

very nice bike. it looks great.:)

btw do you have a hourmeter on your bike

No I wish I did though. I will definitely get one for my next bike.

• 642MX

Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:49 PM

Looks great! Which Dunlops are those?

• ntrlfive

Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:55 PM

Get an hour meter now? Very easy to put on. What kind of motor work have you had done on it? 300 hours and still looks awesome!

• bnyfe

Posted March 16, 2009 - 07:12 PM

Yeah...what maintenance issues have you had and what motorwork have you done IE piston, cam chain etc. ?

• djtroy

Posted March 16, 2009 - 07:28 PM

Yeah...what maintenance issues have you had and what motorwork have you done IE piston, cam chain etc. ?

I have never had the motor apart. Oil, Filters, chain, sprockets, tires and I had to replace the steering stem bearings.
This bike starts 1st kick every time.

• djtroy

Posted March 16, 2009 - 07:34 PM

Looks great! Which Dunlops are those?

The rear is a Dunlop sand tire I had in the garage 733 I think. The front is a Bridgestone M101 (The M102 rear wore out already). The Dunlop will wear out quick and my Bridgestone M101 might need to be replaced, although it really wears good as you can see.
I will go back to my old favorites the Michelin MS2 - MS3 Sand and Mud tires. They are the best

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.