All Japan Nationals Spy Pic - 2010 YZ450F NEWS

95 replies to this topic
  • ProMed

Posted March 14, 2009 - 10:40 AM

http://motocross.tra...s-2010-preview/

As for the all-new Yamaha YZ450F, defending All Japan National MX Champion Akira Narita raced a privateer ’09 YZ450F (under the YSP/Narita Racing Team banner) with a combination of works Yamaha parts and Rinaldi Racing parts from Italy. Though the radically all-new pre-production 2010 YZ450F—which features EFI, a forward-tilted engine and an all-new chassis and bodywork—was said to be ready for Narita to race, word in the pits was that Yamaha Motor Corp. USA demanded that the bike not be unveiled in Japan just yet. Poor sales of the ’09 YZ450F mandate that the ’10 model not make its competition debut until September, at the All Japan National MX series finale.

Posted Image

• skatpex99

Posted March 14, 2009 - 10:51 AM

Damn, those bikes are crazy. If ymaha doesn't come out with efi for 2010, they are screwed.

• mc1hd

Posted March 14, 2009 - 11:34 AM

Efi is a good thing but first year anything will have its share of problems. Personally I think there is nothing wrong with carburetors and am very happy with my 09. Actually I think its kind of funny all the magazines down played this years Yamaha, this is the best bike I have owned in a long time.

• dirtbiker771

Posted March 14, 2009 - 11:47 AM

Efi is a good thing but first year anything will have its share of problems. Personally I think there is nothing wrong with carburetors and am very happy with my 09. Actually I think its kind of funny all the magazines down played this years Yamaha, this is the best bike I have owned in a long time.

They did the same thing in 06 with the KX450f. They all slammed it for having a 4 speed. I still like the tranny and motor on my old 06 Kawi better than my 08 YZ450f.

Every year the magazines just show how clueless they really are. They slam the YZ now because of the exhaust and how it robs power. Yet, they won't mention how quiet it is compared to the other brands and in the same issue will talk about us losing riding area's due to noise.

• berudd

Posted March 14, 2009 - 11:57 AM

they all just have different opinions, that is all. I never understand why people seem to take it so seriously. All of what I have read says that the Yamaha has the best suspension you can buy. So ask yourself this. Can you really use all the power any of the 450s make? I doubt it so who really cares if they say one is a little down on power. I rode and 08 YZ450F and it did not feel down on power to me at all.

Read what they say and then think about how that applies to how you ride and what you want from a bike.

• Tumblin

Posted March 14, 2009 - 12:33 PM

Looks like times are tough in Japan also. Narita's ride looks to be another left over 08.

• kawboy388

Posted March 14, 2009 - 01:41 PM

Looks like times are tough in Japan also. Narita's ride looks to be another left over 08.

Good eye, I didn't even notice the swingarm, my eye's were fixated on the whiskey flask someone set on the header:lol: .

• FinchFan194

Posted March 14, 2009 - 03:28 PM

Why dont any of our pros run a steering stabilizer??

• Kent Rathgeber

Posted March 14, 2009 - 03:33 PM

Good eye, I didn't even notice the swingarm, my eye's were fixated on the whiskey flask someone set on the header:lol: .

I hope that won't be the stock exhaust on the '10's. That is f-in ugly!!!

That said, I'll wait until 2011 to pick up a new Yamaha, as my 07 works just fine (and it'll be paid off then:smirk: )

• dirtbiker771

Posted March 14, 2009 - 06:04 PM

Why dont any of our pros run a steering stabilizer??

Some do outdoors, plus the Honda's have them. Although, they may disconnect them for SX. Not sure on that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KAS

Posted March 14, 2009 - 06:44 PM

The bike in the pic is an '09. Re-read the article. The 2010 pre-production bike WASN'T THERE.

• gp199

Posted March 14, 2009 - 06:48 PM

The bike in the pic is an '09. Re-read the article. The 2010 pre-production bike WASN'T THERE.

well it has an 08 swingarm

• nickeenoo

Posted March 14, 2009 - 08:02 PM

So ask yourself this. Can you really use all the power any of the 450s make? I doubt it so who really cares if they say one is a little down on power. I rode and 08 YZ450F and it did not feel down on power to me at all.

Man I get sick of people saying that no one can use all the power a 450 has. I just finished a desert race today and guess what? I used all the power my bike had. I nearly got the hole shot and I had the the throttle twisted as far as it would go, I wish it would have twisted farther and I might have got the hole shot. I got passed by several guys that had their throttle twisted hard. I passed several people with my throttle twisted hard. I rode a few sections pinned in fifth. NEWS FLASH: there are people out there that can use the power.

Don't get me wrong, you need throttle control. We had some muddy hill climbs today and my throttle was not twisted all the way. Maybe you ride only tight moto or super cross style tracks? If this is the case you probably can't fully use the power.

Also, I am a top twenty B class rider out of a field of 100 riders; I am by no means an expert.

My rant is finished and now back to the topic of the sweet new bikes. I just hope Yamaha puts a real pipe on their 450 so I don't have to buy one when I get a new bike.

Nate

• RCannon

Posted March 14, 2009 - 08:12 PM

There is a paragraph in there that says :

As for the all-new Yamaha YZ450F, defending All Japan National MX Champion Akira Narita raced a privateer ’09 YZ450F (under the YSP/Narita Racing Team banner) with a combination of works Yamaha parts and Rinaldi Racing parts from Italy. Though the radically all-new pre-production 2010 YZ450F—which features EFI, a forward-tilted engine and an all-new chassis and bodywork—was said to be ready for Narita to race, word in the pits was that Yamaha Motor Corp. USA demanded that the bike not be unveiled in Japan just yet. Poor sales of the ’09 YZ450F mandate that the ’10 model not make its competition debut until September, at the All Japan National MX series finale.

I want to see that forward tilt engine.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 14, 2009 - 09:41 PM

There is a paragraph in there that says :

I want to see that forward tilt engine.

and a new chassie with new body work also.. i wonder what shes going to look like :)

• mxracer206

Posted March 15, 2009 - 05:15 AM

No one is talking about it but how about electric start on that new 450. I heard last week it may happen.

• DBMX 925

Posted March 15, 2009 - 05:33 AM

I hope that won't be the stock exhaust on the '10's. That is f-in ugly!!!

That said, I'll wait until 2011 to pick up a new Yamaha, as my 07 works just fine (and it'll be paid off then:smirk: )

Bet it's quiet though. :)

• ProMed

Posted March 15, 2009 - 08:51 AM

No one is talking about it but how about electric start on that new 450. I heard last week it may happen.

Where exactly did you hear that?

• FinchFan194

Posted March 15, 2009 - 09:20 AM

Where exactly did you hear that?

Real men kickstart their bikes. . .who needs the extra weight of a battery and a starter anyway:smirk:

• NortonMoto

Posted March 15, 2009 - 09:50 AM

I want the EFI, I don't won't electric start keep the weight down.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.