Uncorking Closedcourse Competions Modificaitons What Else?

4 replies to this topic
  • o2golfpar

Posted March 14, 2009 - 06:36 AM

Spring has arrived and I will be picking up my new 2008 WR450F next week. I plan on following the [COLOR="Blue"]Yamaha Wrench Report "Competition Performance Modifications." [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]What else will I need or want to do to get my bike set up?[/COLOR]

Mostly back woods trailing riding.

Thanks for the input.

See you on the trails.

• erickdj

Posted March 14, 2009 - 07:30 AM

It all depends on what you want/expect from the bike. Reading the stickies at the top of the thread list will tell you most of what you want to know. I don't know which "Wrench Report" you read, but getting the AIS removal kit from yamaha is a good start, along with removing the entire muffler baffle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 14, 2009 - 06:26 PM

• o2golfpar

Posted March 17, 2009 - 01:25 PM

Yes i will be jetting. Planing on the JD Jetting. another question i have is
should i also do the removal of the AIS...Smog Removal.

How often will i need to Check the Valves?

Thanks for the assistnace from all.

• William1

Posted March 17, 2009 - 02:10 PM

Also read this thread. I know it is long, unfortunately, but it has loads of good info.

O-Ring Mod and AP Tuning

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.