I think I'm finally getting a 450(04'yzf)

24 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2009 - 07:08 AM

How do you like the hydraulic clutch? One complaint I have about the clutch is it's all or nothing.

I've got a rear shock spring on it's way and I'm going to ride with the forks for awhile to see what I don't like, then I'm sending them in to get a Phase4 modification. Other than that I have the full White Brothers exhaust for mods.

Replace the clutch plates and be sure there's not a lot of slack in the cushion unit.

You're going to really love the Phase 4 if you get it done. Smart Performance, right? Have Dave tweak the rear shock too. Huge improvement.

• guitarnut57

Posted March 23, 2009 - 09:56 AM

.....How do you like the hydraulic clutch? One complaint I have about the clutch is it's all or nothing.

I can't even begin to describe how great the hydraulic clutch is. Buttery smooth and lightning fast. It is so easy to pull in because you don't have the friction of a cable, which is great when you're deep into a moto and don't have much strength left to pull in the clutch. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz133rider

Posted March 23, 2009 - 03:06 PM

That smart performance kit is very very interesting to me. Any more info on it? Any direct experience with it gray?

Thanks a ton suspension is what I am focusing on once I get it running better.

• grayracer513

Posted March 23, 2009 - 03:20 PM

That smart performance kit is very very interesting to me. Any more info on it? Any direct experience with it gray?

Not with Phase 4, but I'm running some of his latest stuff for the newer KYB twin chamber forks and his revised rebound stack in the rear shock, and it's really, really impressive.

• gasgas 450with kx500

Posted April 16, 2009 - 01:33 AM

I am going to trade a trx250r 1988 for a 2003 yz450f and drive along ways to do so is there anything i should look for before i do the trade??any help would be appreciated greatly by the way i have a very nice trx250r 4500 in parts alone into it.going this saturday to do the trade.
rhedstromii@hotmail.com is my email address

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.