Plastic for a 99 WR400F?

7 replies to this topic
  • crakey

Posted March 12, 2009 - 04:35 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a set of black plastic for a '99 WR400? I have looked in all of my "bathroom reading" magazines (motosport, dennis kirk, etc.) and can't find any. I am pretty sure they used to sell it!

Thanks!

• pablo83

Posted March 14, 2009 - 11:09 AM

Posted Image

• crakey

Posted March 15, 2009 - 01:44 PM

Posted Image

Would this actually work? I think it would chip off quickly with a power washer or a crash!

• pablo83

Posted March 15, 2009 - 08:09 PM

Would this actually work? I think it would chip off quickly with a power washer or a crash!

It will work. Get the stuff that specificly for plastic. Follow the instructions well. The plastic needs to be very clean. A power washer will not take it off, but who knows about a crash.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted March 16, 2009 - 08:57 AM

you can buy black YZF plastic but you'd lose the rear light in fender exchange. You can buy a UFO headlight that's black and different than stock to replace the blue one, or paint the blue one as stated above - you'd still have the blue tank and nothing outside of Dyeing it black will work on that - don't even attempt spraypaint.

• pablo83

Posted March 16, 2009 - 02:34 PM

- you'd still have the blue tank and nothing outside of Dyeing it black will work on that - don't even attempt spraypaint.

Good point. Paint and stickers will not stick to plastic tanks for any real length of time.

• crakey

Posted March 18, 2009 - 06:47 PM

Would black dye work? I used to dye R/C car parts different colors with fabric dye. Has anyone actually dyed any moto plastic?

• pablo83

Posted March 18, 2009 - 08:17 PM

Would black dye work? I used to dye R/C car parts different colors with fabric dye. Has anyone actually dyed any moto plastic?

yes, click here

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.