07 wr exhaust

2 replies to this topic
  • r stene

Posted March 12, 2009 - 10:21 AM

Can anyone tell me if a 08 yz 450 exhaust will fit my 07 wr? Thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450FGreg

Posted March 12, 2009 - 10:38 AM

Yes it will.

But if you mix/match headers and mufflers you will need to modify the sealing joint between them.

Greg

• lockheed

Posted March 13, 2009 - 09:36 AM

Actually I believe the diameter of the muffler inlet on the yz and wr are exactly the same. The yz has a larger diameter header and therefore uses a different size seal than the wr (outside dia of both seals are the same - inside dia larger on the yz ). I have an 07 wr and used stock header with shorty 08 yz muffler w/pmb insert - now have complete 08 yz system. works and sounds great.

Ed

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.