Bike is "Missing/Hesitating" at low end

7 replies to this topic
  • jcolborn48

Posted March 11, 2009 - 08:39 PM

I was riding a track today, and was in second gear through a rhythm section and when I would try to "blip" the throttle to jump through it, the bike would have a tiny little hesitation, like it was missing or something. My buddy said I need to have my carb performance tuned. It is an 07 450 all I have is a FMF pipe on it. Do I really have to got to all that trouble?

• yzinger6

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:15 PM

pick up a fuel screw.
adjust it, along with your idle screw. read the directions that come with the fuel screw. pretty in-depth. you might need a leaner pilot jet if this doesnt work.

• jcolborn48

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:17 PM

I have one, that doesn't seem to be the problem.

• grayracer513

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:24 AM

you might need a leaner pilot jet

I very much doubt that.

And yes, you're going to have to go to all that trouble. You can save yourself some work by spending some money, if you like. Send the carb to Zip-Ty and have them do their $100 mods to it.

You can get nearly the same results by setting up the pump timing correctly, installing the stiffer accelerator pump linkage spring from merge racing, perhaps one size smaller leak jet, and possibly going to an NFLQ needle. Try those things in order, one at a time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jcolborn48

Posted March 12, 2009 - 08:05 AM

I very much doubt that.

And yes, you're going to have to go to all that trouble. You can save yourself some work by spending some money, if you like. Send the carb to Zip-Ty and have them do their $100 mods to it.

You can get nearly the same results by setting up the pump timing correctly, installing the stiffer accelerator pump linkage spring from merge racing, perhaps one size smaller leak jet, and possibly going to an NFLQ needle. Try those things in order, one at a time.

How do you know so much? Everytime, you have the answers. Are you a bike mechanic or something? :)

• mitchicle

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:19 PM

Send the carb to Zip-Ty and have them do their $100 mods to it.

Just FYI the Zip Ty mod is now $125 plus $15 for shipping. Still totally worth it and i would recommend it to anybody. :)
Mitch

• FinchFan194

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:55 PM

How do you know so much? Everytime, you have the answers. Are you a bike mechanic or something? :)

He is the YZf GOD!

• jcolborn48

Posted March 13, 2009 - 09:16 AM

He is the YZf GOD!

Indeed he is......:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.