Magura Clutch on a WR400F?

8 replies to this topic
  • crakey

Posted March 11, 2009 - 06:32 PM

I was curious if anyone here has tried the Magura setup? My clutch pull is crap, and I have replaced the cable.
1) Feedback on Magura...did it help out a lot (worth the $$)?
2) Would another new cable and clutch perch combo be just as good without the hassle of a hydralic clutch unit? Recommendations?

Thanks in advance. Without help from Thumpertalk, I would have had to quit riding due to high labor charges!

• bluebreadtruck

Posted March 11, 2009 - 06:36 PM

have you tried using stock clutch springs? mine never slips, and the clutch pull is very easy. Make sure ur using the stock clutch lever also?

• crakey

Posted March 12, 2009 - 04:26 AM

Yes, it is using stock springs but the lever is an aftermarket sunline.

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 12, 2009 - 05:56 AM

I had a Magura on my WR426 and didn't really find it offerred much improvement. Some have switched to a Raptor lever which has a better ratio. The other alternative is to cut and extend the clutch arm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrBosa

Posted March 12, 2009 - 09:13 AM

Out of curiousity, aren't there any aftermarket extended clutch arms?

• flyer05

Posted March 12, 2009 - 12:00 PM

I have one and like it. ASV lever also.

• crakey

Posted March 12, 2009 - 04:21 PM

I had a Magura on my WR426 and didn't really find it offerred much improvement. Some have switched to a Raptor lever which has a better ratio. The other alternative is to cut and extend the clutch arm.

Raptor lever? On the bars or the lever on the engine?

• PBDBLUE

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:54 PM

Raptor lever is the lever and perch from a Raptor quad. It has a different leverage ratio than the stock WR. Lot's of aftermarket versions out there. As for extending the arm I'm referring to the arm on the engine.

• pablo83

Posted March 14, 2009 - 11:08 AM

My clutch pull is crap, and I have replaced the cable.

Also check the bolt that holds the lever in place. If it is worn down it will make the clutch feel like the cable is going bad.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.