Kickstarter Rattling/Grinding... help out a newbie!

1 reply to this topic
  • crakey

Posted March 11, 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hi guys!
Since I bought my 99 WR400F in 2003, it has had a rattling sound that comes from the kickstarter. It seems as though the kickstarter is not "tight" anymore and it is now sounding like the kicker is engaged a little. Are the 2 seperate problems? I saw a post about a spacer/stopper, but the pics wouldn't upload, and I don't know much about these bikes... what i do know is that I LOVE THEM!!!! This bike has been put through hell and back, and is still as strong as the day I bought it!

One other question: does anyone know where I can get some black plastic for this bike? I can't seem to find it any where.

Thank you Thank you Thank you for helping me!
:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:23 PM

http://www.thumperta...kick shaft stop

I would be willing to bet this is your problem... read the posts about how to check to see if it's your kick shaft stop.

Good luck:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.