best mods ever yz426

4 replies to this topic
  • 426tahoe

Posted March 11, 2009 - 10:52 AM

426tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile best mods ever 02yz426
Well I finally rode my 426 yesterday after doing what I would say is the best mods ever. I put the front end off an 06 yz450(DH1 clamps and forks with 1 step up stiffer springs) and lower IMS pegs(im 6'6"). The new clamps moved the bars up at least an inch.The bike is a different animal all together. I use to have a lot of fun on this bike but now it feels like its part of me. It turns 10 times better and jumps 10 times smoother. Just these mods made my riding progress a ton over night, I feel much safer and confident which tells me how important it is to make the bike fit you.

If you have a 426 I highly recommend 06 or newer front end and if your a tall person try the lowered foot pegs.

Oh yea I had a gold valve put in the rear a few weeks ago and that made a huge difference as well.

• yzbanshee500

Posted January 26, 2010 - 11:26 AM

i was thinking of doing a similar swap with my 01 426 do i need any more parts than the tripple clamp and forks? will the brakes bolt up? how about the axle and wheel spacers? thanks for any imput

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 26, 2010 - 11:44 AM

The brakes will fit, but you'll need a later ('05+) brake hose. There's no provision on the newer forks for the long route hose from the older bikes.

The wheel will fit if used with the '06 axle and spacers.

• Atrus96

Posted January 26, 2010 - 12:41 PM

That's awesome I will have to look into that if I end up with mine. I'm 6'4" and 240lbs and was worried that the wr would be to softly sprung for me.

• grayracer513

Posted January 26, 2010 - 02:24 PM

I'm 6'4" and 240lbs and was worried that the wr would be to softly sprung for me.

It would be, and so will a YZ426. The bikes are built for riders in the 165 -190 pound range. You'll need springs regardless.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.