WA riders: please help!

3 replies to this topic
  • pdx_drz400

Posted February 19, 2003 - 06:38 AM

Please read this article and contact your legislators using the NMA links.

http://www.nmaoffroa...ews/news151.htm

Because OHV users pay road tax on the gas we buy but don't actually use roads, some of that money gets returned to us in the form of OHV area funding. Currently it is at 80% but the greenies are threatening to to reduce it to 20%, re-allocating the rest to non-motorized activities. Using gas tax refund money for non-motorized activity is an oxymoron! Without this funding, many riding areas would likely close permanently. Please help.

• gottaroost

Posted February 20, 2003 - 04:32 PM

I notice you are not from WA, is anyone permitted to write in about this and it will have an effect on the situation, or is it just for state residents?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smashinz2002

Posted February 21, 2003 - 07:51 PM

Hi. I have a solution to your problem there. A) I don't know what a "gas" tax is, :) I have no clue what "greenies" are, and C) I don't understand what "non-motorized" activities are? Sounds pretty boring whatever that is..
The solution is to simply move to Texas. We just ride wherever we want, and since there is no scenery or greenery or whatever it is,, there's nothing here for anyone to try to "protect".. Simply hop on your dirt bike, and go riding!!! You won't be paying for any so-called "gas tax" or catering to the whiny bitching of the "greenies", since most of Texas is tan or brownish in color.

• billyboy11b

Posted February 23, 2003 - 08:10 PM

Amen! I've never even seen a park ranger here in East Texas. The closest I've come to one is running into an army unit that was out in the field.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.