2006 WR450F exhaust wishes

No replies to this topic
  • WR450F_No28

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:51 AM

Ok, dont beat me up too bad, but here is the deal, and i apologize for rambling...my bad habits:
2006 WR450F, mainly stock, cept for ordinary stuff (gytr mods, remove ais)
Jetting is fine, set up for montana area etc. I trailride and race as much as i can afford. Cannot afford another bike right now, and my WR, while heavy, wins a lot of Ironman, and A class races for me...I am not complaining. If I were stronger and not such a wimp, this has to be one of THE perfect bikes.

I have messed some with MX, but suck at it. I notice, when i race full blown mx 450s on a track, if the track is nasty rough etc I can place decent in the A class, however under perfect traction/setup conditions...I get outpulled pretty bad. I race several events however (Idaho ISDE) that i have to pass sound. My goal is to have a silencer SA that gives good flow, passes 96db easily, and is light. I know, Q4. I am having a hard time spending that $$ tho. I tried a stock 04 YZ450 pipe in two GPs last year and ...in a word...WOW. really opened up the bike. I think i even felt the weight difference on the back.

I am currently running stock silencer, with tip removed and a homemade tip intstalled that is about same dia. as opening in cap of exhaust. It has passed sound at around 95-96, but last year i was borderline in Idaho...yikes (repack time). So...what do you think..what about the older full Ti Q? I have found a few of those new leftovers that are cheaper than the Q4...but i wonder about sound test on that older FMF? Any thoughts are appreciated. I found a new takeoff 04 YZ pipe for $100, was thinking of using that in the closed course, and get my stock one repacked up for trails and qualifiers...but would like to have one for everything...am i asking too much?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.