wr426 jetting...im lean! help please!

1 reply to this topic
  • drzwrguy

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:49 PM

just scored a mint wr426, street titled, ridden in tennis shoes by the first owner for its entire life. i have removed the throttle stop screw, unhooked the grey wire, removed the airbox lid and installed a fmf powercore 4 slip on exhaust system. fmf said to go up one size on both the main and the pilot jets...im lean and im wondering where i should be with my jets - i had a 185 main that i threw in and left the pilot at the stock 42. i also went out one more turn on the idle mix screw,as their jetting suggestion sounded a little lean . i ride at sea level. does anyone have any ballpark specs that will save me the trouble of swapping jets in and out? thanks, rick s.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted March 11, 2009 - 07:55 AM

Try this: http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=411240

I am running a 168 main and a 45 pilot with the BK mod

You are going to need to adjust your jetting for your specific conditions.

Read the three sticky threads at the top of the forum there is a ton of good info you will need it will save you alot of time and frustration.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.