Do bone growth stimulators really work?

3 replies to this topic
  • XxxRacingxxX

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:23 PM

I was just wondering if they work (Bone growth stimulator). I was given on a few years ago for my femur. And i just dug it out and was wondering if it would be usefull to use with my collarbone.

• DrMark

Posted March 10, 2009 - 07:37 PM

There really isn't any evidence that they work. I think they are an expensive waste of time.

• XxxRacingxxX

Posted March 11, 2009 - 10:39 AM

yea i thought they were kinda stupid having some round thing with cold gel on it on the break for 20 mins while it sends whatever it does into the bone. But my doc ordered one a few years ago for my femur that wasnt healing and my insurance covered it. the bone did start healing but i cant say that it was because of that, maybe it was just enough time that it was healing on its own but i dont know. i guees it wouldnt hurt to try right.?

• YZ450t

Posted March 11, 2009 - 11:00 AM

Years ago ,my wife had a back surgery (fusion) Wore this "belt" for quite a long time . Graph never took ,she basically was walking around with her spine rattling around with hardware . 20 months later ,was done again , and has been ok . Both times this bone growth stimulator was worn . Funny , I have never asked any one if they really do work . Now I know . Thankyou Dr Mark:thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
Arms - Raines Racing Fitness Fact - last post by Jason Raines

Arms - Raines Racing Fitness Fact

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

how much weight can your LRP lose? by jeffjcalweb

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

How many miles should you be able to run before you race hare scrambles? by fenderlove01

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  40 replies
Wiki
No More Blistered Hands! - last post by mxwink509

No More Blistered Hands!

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Wiki

• 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.