2005 WR450 Big dent in frame

4 replies to this topic
  • BCWPerformance

Posted March 10, 2009 - 03:07 PM

Had a buddy show me his badly crashed 05 wr450. He ended up bending both front forks and put a big dent in the frame. He is finally wanting to fix it after a long layoff from riding. Found a set of forks off of eBay but am wondering where to find a frame, the one on the bike is beyond repair. Thanks for the input.

• BCWPerformance

Posted April 10, 2009 - 11:54 AM

bump...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrzDasher

Posted April 10, 2009 - 02:55 PM

You guys are in San Diego? Check out http://www.angelfire.com/biz/stockers/ they have all kinds of parts.

• timoyz1

Posted April 10, 2009 - 03:41 PM

Just a dent? If it was me, I would cut it out and weld in a new piece. I have fixed alot of cracks and bends before. If the steering head is undamaged, find a welder that's worth a damn.:p

• chevy power

Posted April 10, 2009 - 06:44 PM

I would cut out the dent and weld a new piece in, grind it smooth and paint it. But I know how it is to not know how to weld or to have easy access to one. Thank god I bought mine when I did.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.