Does a Street legal title add value??

12 replies to this topic
  • 150 Fuelie

Posted March 10, 2009 - 02:04 PM

I'm looking at WR426's and WR450's and have located a 450 with a street legal title. Does this add any value to the bike?

• bluebreadtruck

Posted March 10, 2009 - 02:05 PM

In a state like mine where you cannot make any bike road legal anymore, YES!!!

• William1

Posted March 10, 2009 - 03:41 PM

Having a title does add some value, both by having a legal DS kit on it and the potential hassel with DMV a foregone deal.

• spdnjoe

Posted March 10, 2009 - 03:43 PM

yes, especially in California.

• pablo83

Posted March 10, 2009 - 04:09 PM

I live in Teller County, CO. It's got to be one of the easiest places in the US to get a bike plated, but plated bikes still sell for more here just because people don't want the hassle of doing it themselves.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:33 PM

yes, especially in California.

+1. Especially if the bike is fully dual-sport ready, it can add $1500.00

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pipefitter317

Posted March 17, 2009 - 02:44 PM

I would say it depends on what you want it for. If you want a dual sport, then yes. If you want a bike just for dirt, no. I would say the seller would want more money for it, due to the add ons.

• n19dg2

Posted March 17, 2009 - 03:03 PM

Has anyone had any luck in NJ?

• SJMC_DON

Posted March 17, 2009 - 03:09 PM

In WA state? Definitely.... I just drove 6 hours to pick up a low hour 07' in Pendelton OR with a plate.

I've had an 07' for 2 years now but could not plate it because I bought and had it titled in WA state... go into our local DOL yesterday with my OR title and transfer to WA with a brand new WA plate... bike is far from street legal but the previous owner did have a horn and hydraulic switches installed...

It's worth it to me to pay more or travel to "wash" the title so I can do longer loops in our mountains with being hassled by the man:busted:

Anyway... yeah additional $1500 or more can be fetched for a WR with a plate in some states:thumbsup:

• 150 Fuelie

Posted March 17, 2009 - 04:20 PM

I picked her up for $2,200. It's wierd looking at the title and not seeing "For offroad use only" printed on it.

• pablo83

Posted March 17, 2009 - 07:00 PM

I picked her up for $2,200. It's wierd looking at the title and not seeing "For offroad use only" printed on it.

That'd be a good price here in CO. Congrats, have fun.

• MaxPower

Posted March 19, 2009 - 10:10 AM

Has anyone had any luck in NJ?

[COLOR="Green"]Im in NJ and selling my 04 with a d/s kit and a NJ plate[/COLOR]

• NMNORGE

Posted March 21, 2009 - 09:19 PM

Yes, Japanese dirt bikes with a plate will fetch more $$$ than European bikes. Reason...Europe MSO's don't say 'off road use only'-easier to plate. Japanese dirt bikes usually reference 'off road use only'- which NM DMV frowns upon.

I drove 8 hours to Paulden, AZ to pick up a street legal WR450, making it much easier to plate in NM (MSO no longer a factor).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.