2003 wr450f cam swap?

3 replies to this topic
  • jjj109

Posted March 10, 2009 - 09:53 AM

Hey everyone,
I'm sure a lot of you have been asked this question quite a bit. I have a 03 wr450f and I have a 2004 yz450f motor sitting around. I gonna swap the exhaust cam out. When I have the motor at TDC and the wr exhaust cam out can I just install the yz exhaust cam like im just putting her back together after doing a top end on her? Just line up the dots on the cams and the marking on the flywheel and its all good ?

• jjj109

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:30 AM

any1 ????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 10, 2009 - 12:01 PM

Yes. Swapping in a cam from any other YZ/WR 450 engine into a WR450, use the timing marks as they are, as if the cam were the stock one. Don't compensate or re-time them in any other way.

• jjj109

Posted March 10, 2009 - 01:39 PM

Yes. Swapping in a cam from any other YZ/WR 450 engine into a WR450, use the timing marks as they are, as if the cam were the stock one. Don't compensate or re-time them in any other way.

Thanks gray, while im there ill check the valve clearences

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.