wr 400 '00 trouble.....

5 replies to this topic
  • maxwr400f

Posted March 10, 2009 - 04:48 AM

hi to all
excuse for my enghish( i am italian)
my wr have had completly replaced the engine 1year ago.... and every things went ok for 6 mounts.... after i bought a cr250honda and wr stopped in garage.

i used it a time...... all ok
second and third append:
at first run engine doesnt go up in rotation and bangs from exaust.... after goes very good for 10 minutes and again problems... and so on for 3/4 times and after goes ok....

i clean carburetor but my idea is about CDI or TPS or neutral sensor.

have anybody here had similar experience....
please help...
thanks

• stevenacarter77

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:32 AM

try cleaning out your fuel tank and use new fuel make sure tank flows fuel, you said it was parked for awhile, so this would be frist on my list.

• maxwr400f

Posted March 10, 2009 - 07:33 AM

thanks,
but the tank was empty along the stop period and obviously i felt it up with new fuel.
but now i am remembering a friend who has had troubles by the hose cap...

i'll check.
any else ideas, anyway?
bye
thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maxwr400f

Posted March 10, 2009 - 07:37 AM

i left the tank empty during the stop period and i fill it up with new fuel.
but you meke me remenber a friend who had troubles with the hole cap.
i'll check it.
any ideas else, anyway?
thanks
bye

• stevenacarter77

Posted March 10, 2009 - 09:17 AM

see what color your spark is should be blue/ not red or yellow also run it 15 min then shut off and see if the coil is to hot to hold on to if so replace. its breaking down.

• maxwr400f

Posted March 11, 2009 - 01:28 AM

do you think that coil gives alternated problems?
because, as told, the engine goes some time very well and after arrives more or less not over 3000/4000 rpm.

i hope anyway that coil is my problem.
thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.