Beware if you want to street legal a non street legal bike in Las Vegas

3 replies to this topic
  • N1atEcon

Posted March 09, 2009 - 09:55 PM

It isn't going to happen anymore. Today I road my 2009 KTM EXC over to the DMV on N. Decatur. The DMV employee came out to do the VIN check. He then asked for the green slip, which i provided (I was still smiling and being nice.)
He then asks me for my EPA certification sticker. At which point my blood pressure shot up to 200. I said listen "I know where you are trying to go with this, and I am not going down that road." He replies "we are cracking down on these things." (As some Harley goes by with open pipes...) So I reply, "I have a vehicle built by a factory to US EPA specs and I have a temporary registration already, do you do this to all the Fords, Chevys and every other factory built mode of transportion? He ignored me and again asked for the proof. I said " It is on the frame under the gas tank." Which it is... He says
"well how hard is it to take the tank off?" I roll my eyes and explain the process. He goes inside to get tools and then decides it will be easier to call KTM in OHIO. To make a long story short I am $170.00 poorer but I have a plate, registration and the title will be here in a few weeks. Just wanted to share my story. Later

• KennyMc

Posted March 09, 2009 - 11:09 PM

So you are saying that getting a WR450 plated in Nevada can't happen anymore? What legislation has passed for this to happen?:p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • N1atEcon

Posted March 10, 2009 - 09:10 AM

As of 2009 the DMV guys are now needing proof of EPA compliance. Which on the KTM EXC's is a silver sticker under the gas tank. As an individual I don't know how one could ever get this sort of thing. This is not a smog check.

• DrzDasher

Posted March 10, 2009 - 02:40 PM

That is weird because on my ktm on the neck it sayd for closed course only, because of noise. it to is an exc.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.