New 08 WR450F

28 replies to this topic
  • CharWR450

Posted March 22, 2009 - 12:26 AM

Hi. When i bought my WR450 08 I had exactly the same problem. I 've done the free mods first. Then i've removed the AIS. All of a sudden it was like i ride a new bike!
I realised from the previous conversation and corrected me if I am wrong, you has not removed the AIS yet. There is a kit which removes it. The bike gets faster. I don't know if this is street legal to your place. But me, i loved it!!
Enjoy your new bike.

• PARKER520

Posted March 22, 2009 - 08:37 AM

Yes the AIS has been removed. I don't know if the bike got faster but it sure does run smoother. No popping and clanky noises to speak of as of yet. :thumbsup: I am interested in making this thing street legal tho. I'm kinda exploring my options with that as of now. If anyone from California has any experience I'd love some feedback. I've already read several threads on the subject and don't think it would be that hard.

• tony1970

Posted March 22, 2009 - 08:56 PM

Make sure you keep your AIS system. Many state run OHV parks are checking to see if you have it, even in non red sticker season. A good way to ruin a day by getting turned away at the gate, or getting a ticket. The way things are going I would not doubt in the near future the Forest Service will be checking for smog equipment. BTW the AIS system does not effect performance, just an annoying popping from the air injection. Have fun with the new bike.:thumbsup:

• tea spoon

Posted March 23, 2009 - 05:18 AM

Parker, I shut down first, not sure if it would effect it or not. I did not want to take a chance.
Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PARKER520

Posted March 23, 2009 - 03:30 PM

The new jet kit and exhaust went on last weekend thanks to my friend. :thumbsup: So far just from running it up and down the street I can already tell the improvement. This thing HAULS! The real test will be this weekend when I take it to El Mirage. Oh yeah I also got one of those guts racing soft seat foam replacement thingys. It's like sitting on a cloud. I can't wait for this weekend!

• CharWR450

Posted March 23, 2009 - 10:15 PM

The new jet kit and exhaust went on last weekend thanks to my friend. :thumbsup: So far just from running it up and down the street I can already tell the improvement. This thing HAULS! The real test will be this weekend when I take it to El Mirage. Oh yeah I also got one of those guts racing soft seat foam replacement thingys. It's like sitting on a cloud. I can't wait for this weekend!

Hey PARKER520. Which FMF exhaust you put on?
And what kind jet kit?

• PARKER520

Posted March 24, 2009 - 05:04 AM

I put on the Q4 FMF exhaust and a JD jet kit. :thumbsup: The bike may need to be tuned a little more once I get to El Mirage. It was done at Sea level basically and El mirage is probably almost 4000 FASL.

• chakcee

Posted March 24, 2009 - 07:06 PM

I put a power now valve in mine at the same time I did the Carb kit and it was a huge difference in mine. I'm a big fan of the power now valve now. I also thought my bike was dog sick when I first got it home. My Yz 250 would have eatin it alive then, but now it could'nt even give the Wr a run for it's money. lol

• face_plant

Posted March 25, 2009 - 01:06 PM

if you plan on plating it move to nevada, not happening in kali

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.