I friggin love my WR!!

8 replies to this topic
  • VB_Racing

Posted March 09, 2009 - 03:47 PM

So, I go out to the garage today to see if I can get old faithful fired up. It's been sitting since I broke my leg on it Sep 15th. I turn on the petcock, pull the choke, and give the throttle about 6 whacks. Hit the starter button, and the battery is so low on charge, the bike cranks over about 3 seconds, and BLAM fires right up.:p
This bike has been beat into the ground ever since I got it, and it will not die. Can't say the same about my other bikes.:ride:

Dave

• 2lcf

Posted March 09, 2009 - 05:00 PM

My bike has been sitting since November 30th.....did the same as you.....turned on the gas, pulled the choke, gave the grip a few twists....and blamo....SHE'S ALIVE....!!!!!!!........I know stupid me for not riding more....but work sometimes comes first.....gotta work to put food in her tank............

• JSanfilippo

Posted March 09, 2009 - 08:59 PM

Damn what a coincednce.

Had the bike on the stand today and thought I'd start it (3 month old gas in the float..I know I know). She started on the 2nd kick :p

• Zadok

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:51 AM

Man, this is strange.....

I went out to the garage to start mine up too. It hadnt been
started since last weekend. Fired right up......:moon: :ride: :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2006wr450f

Posted March 10, 2009 - 10:19 AM

My bike has been sitting since last October and fired right up. Never had an issue getting this bike start:thumbsup:

• erickdj

Posted March 10, 2009 - 10:33 AM

Damn what a coincednce.

Had the bike on the stand today and thought I'd start it (3 month old gas in the float..I know I know). She started on the 2nd kick :ride:

Did you start it without the forks/shock installed? That would be just cruel..., starting it while it's suffering in pieces.:p

• GCannon

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:11 AM

Damn what a coincednce.

Had the bike on the stand today and thought I'd start it (3 month old gas in the float..I know I know). She started on the 2nd kick :ride:

Drain screw silly:banana: :p

I like to drain the carb over the oil spots in the driveway. I tell my wife I am degreasing the driveway:p

• Charles De Mar

Posted March 10, 2009 - 01:16 PM

Mine has been sitting since November. Last weekend I rebuilt the forks dropped a few cups of gas in it and Blam! 2nd kick and I was was pulling some road wheelies. I'm plated so kids don't try this at home on your unplated bikes .:p

• Zadok

Posted March 10, 2009 - 03:47 PM

. I'm plated so kids don't try this at home on your unplated bikes .:ride:

Too late......:p I just got done rejetting, so a few
road wheelies is exactly what I did. BUT...BUT....I hadnt
read your post yet.:moon:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.