bike will not backup in neutral ?!?

3 replies to this topic
  • strack

Posted August 08, 2002 - 09:21 PM

after a long practice on my 98yz400 i was about to load it on my trailer and it would not backup at all, I thought something was bent but after inspecting it nothing is apparently wrong it only does this in neutral, it will back up in gear with the clutch in but thats all, ive noticed no change while riding it, still shifts smooth, engages goood like it always has. I thought i would stop by here and ask you guys, youve helped me before and i hope you can do it again, thanks again.

98yz400

• mmbasa

Posted August 08, 2002 - 09:35 PM

Mine did the same thing, but it wouldn't go forward. I rode the bike around for a few minutes and then it was fine. Haven't had any problems since.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Uncle_Rich

Posted August 10, 2002 - 11:15 AM

strack if you let the clutch out in netural with the engine running does it do any thing unusual?
if not, what happens if you try to back up then?

Rich

• strack

Posted August 11, 2002 - 05:09 PM

good point there while running if i let the clutch out it dosent do anything unusual but i havent tried to back it up while running ill try that and see if it works, thanks for the advise.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.