04 Wr 450 trans oil ?s

5 replies to this topic
  • hauraz

Posted March 09, 2009 - 06:25 AM

I tried to search this before posting, with no luck. Anyway I was wondering about tranny oil replacement, does the engine share oil with the trans? Or is it seperate like the crfs? If they share the same oil wouldn't the material from the wet clutch affect the lubrication to the engine, or increase the oil changing interavals. Thanks in advance.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted March 09, 2009 - 09:32 AM

Your Wr450 holds a small amount of engine oil, which you should change frequently. it is also the transmission and clutch oil.

You have a big bore kit and don't know this?

• hauraz

Posted March 09, 2009 - 10:09 AM

Well I just purchased the bike not to long ago, and have done a few oil changes already, just trying to figure this bike out. It's alot different than the xr 650 I rode for years.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hauraz

Posted March 09, 2009 - 10:10 AM

And it came with the big bore, I didn't install it.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted March 09, 2009 - 12:18 PM

ok, i highly recommend a service manual download from here:

I usually change my oil after a few track days, and change the paper filter after about 3 oil changes.

• hauraz

Posted March 09, 2009 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for the info

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.