New England WR400 needs some assistance!

4 replies to this topic
  • JJboys

Posted August 08, 2002 - 08:46 AM

Hello to all,
I recently aquired a 1999 WR and am looking for someone to assist me in dialing in my Bike. I have read all the free mods and have only performed the Air Box and Baffle changes up to this point. I see that Carb jetting seems to solve alot of issues with the WR. I need someone with carb experience that typically rides Northern New England Terrain (NH). I do not want to change to YZ timing. I am not looking for more power just smooth acceleration with no glitchs. :) I would also like the opportunity to send a email or PM too you if I get in trouble. Best Regards. Mark

• lewichris

Posted August 08, 2002 - 11:48 AM

did you do the throttle stop??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • z4me

Posted August 08, 2002 - 12:16 PM

Taken from Bill (the moderators) sig:

Factory jeting by Taffy EMM #2, 38PJ, 55PAJ, 158MJ, 160MAJ, 60SJ and 1.5 FS at 500-2,000'

These settings should work well for you.

You should also check the accelerator pump timing. Some have been known to squirt for up to 4 seconds - this will wreak havoc on your jetting. Search on KL mod for details on how to fix it - this is a variation of the BK mod done by NH Kevin for pre-00 models.

I live in Nashua - at least for two more weeks. Feel free to PM me if you want.

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 08, 2002 - 02:38 PM

e-mail me at my address below if you want.

thumperridernhkevin@hotmail.com

Northwood, NH

> smack dab between Concord and Portsmouth off of Route 4.

Kevin

[ August 09, 2002: Message edited by: NH Kevin ]

• JJboys

Posted August 09, 2002 - 04:17 AM

Thanks for responding.

LewiChris- I will be making the throttle stop shorter. From past discussion 9mm seems to be the correct length. Let me know if this has changed.

Z4me- Thank you for the jetting recommendations. I do have 2 questions.
1. Is bills bike YZ timed?
2. Does bills bike have the air cut out valve removed (octopus)? (Maybe I should ask Bill the moderator)

NHKevin- I see from past forums that you were very busy with dialing in your bike. You seem to have alot of experience with the carb settings. I might be sending you a email...

Thanks again. Mark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.