chain recommendation

4 replies to this topic
  • yzinger6

Posted March 08, 2009 - 09:32 PM

So I put 5 hours on the stock chaing, and it is now about 6 miles long (not suprised). Before I go get another one, I was going to ask some recommendations... I would like a non-O-ring chain, and can spend about 90 bucks. anyone car to throw some guidance?

• grayracer513

Posted March 09, 2009 - 06:22 AM

First, I recommend you rethink your resistance to sealed chains and go with a Regina ORN-6.

Failing that, their RS-3 and RX-3 chains are excellent.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX926

Posted March 09, 2009 - 07:15 AM

I've had great luck with the regina, and also the RK.. Pay close attention to proper chain tension, if not a 450 will eat up just about any chain.

• Slinkyman16

Posted March 09, 2009 - 02:53 PM

i like the d.i.d ert2.. havnt had any problems with it and u can find them for around 40 bucks right now in some places.. the orn-6 is a good chain as well.. i just never used it.

• s14 2510s

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:06 AM

I have a did ert2 on both my bikes

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.