Finally Going to De-octopus, have Q's
Posted August 08, 2002 - 08:00 AM
- Supposed to change from 75 to 100 on the pilot air jet and go from 60 to 65 on the start jet.
- Anyone know the size of the auto vacuum line caps that you use to plug the holes?
- Wasn't there a picture of the de-octopussed carb? Anyone have the link to it.
Posted August 08, 2002 - 08:39 AM
- and go from 60 to 65 on the start jet.- I did this, though I can't tell you that I noticed a diference starting the bike.
- Anyone know the size of the auto vacuum line caps that you use to plug the holes?- There are actually 2 different sizes if I remember correctly (one needs to be larger than the other). Just pull the hose and measure them before you go to the parts store. I eyeballed it and was close enough.
- Wasn't there a picture of the de-octopussed carb? Anyone have the link to it.- I saved that pic on my computer at home. I can email it to you tonight if someone else can't point you to it before then.
[ August 08, 2002: Message edited by: Old_Novice ]
Posted August 08, 2002 - 09:21 PM
The jetting changes were part of a needle change (DVP). I've looked around TT and cannot find the old article, that Clark wrote. You could take the jetting in my signature and and get Taffy to give you an idea what to run for a main and pilot at your altitude.
I went to Auto Zone or Advance auto and found an assortment pack of Blue vacum caps. It was in their hop-up section where they keep chrome air cleaners and such.
I wished I had a digital camera, sorry!
He isn't that boy about 1 now?
Posted August 08, 2002 - 10:10 AM
Posted August 08, 2002 - 10:44 AM
Taffy posted a list of PJ/PAJ ratios not too long ago (on Jetting Qs I think) and his suggeston for a 40 PJ was a 70 PAJ (but if you were within 10 on the PAJ you were probably close enough).
Good luck, I am off to find some of those blue vacuum caps! That is way cooler than the plain black ones I have now.