How am I supposed to be productive here at work...

6 replies to this topic
  • BrandonW

Posted February 18, 2003 - 10:29 AM

When I have a 2003 YZ cam sitting here staring me in the face?

:)

Got our first Northwest Motorcycle Association Hare Scramble coming up this next weekend, and I need all the help I can get!

• ddialogue

Posted February 18, 2003 - 10:34 AM

Are you going to get the cam installed by this weekend or wait until after the race? I don't think you can wait that long. :)

• BrandonW

Posted February 18, 2003 - 12:27 PM

Can I wait? Not a chance!

I remember the night before my first enduro last year. I attempted to change over to the YZ jetting, and I muffed it all up. Bike ran like crap, so instead of getting some nice shut-eye, I was up all night burning the mid-night oil getting that thing back to stock.

Hopefully I will get the old cam out tonight, inspect the head, and figure out what shims I need. Get it back together tomorrow night, that way I have Thursday and Friday to figure out that I have buggered up the whole thing, and still have enough time to get it back to stock prior to the race.

Can't wait to have a bike that will readily be able to start no matter what predicament that I have gotten myself into....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrandonW

Posted February 19, 2003 - 02:40 PM

Last night went well. Got it all tore apart, and put the new exhaust cam in. Measured my clearance, and I was out of specs. Quit there.

Today I went down to the local shop at lunch and got the right shims, ran back up to the house and put in the new shims, re-tourqed the cam holders, re-checked clearances, then put on the valve cover. Had to stop there, but I did get up top and give it a couple of kicks.

:)

Very nice! Kicked like a regular bike would. Can't wait to complete the operation tonight!

• BrandonW

Posted February 20, 2003 - 05:41 AM

Got the bike done last night, and I simply cannot believe how easy it is to start. Simply unbelievable.

I don't know much about the horsepower or torque differences, but the starting alone was worth the effort.

I litterally can start the bike with my hand. Unless you have the "Over 40" button, your bike is probably harder to start then my WZ, and I never thought I would be able to say that to anyone....

• ddialogue

Posted February 20, 2003 - 05:52 AM

Congrats Brandon! What year is your WZ?

• daytripper63

Posted February 20, 2003 - 11:15 AM

just wait till you feel the torque of the 450 cam

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.