hey guys! first post...

2 replies to this topic
  • spiney360

Posted March 07, 2009 - 06:55 PM

so just to let you guys know what up, am an owner of a 99 400f, and because of this forum i have almost never had any questions that i could not find answered here. so thanks guys!!

so to start it off, a little about my machine..
450 exh. cam
maybe aftermarket intake cam?
zipty 10oz. flywheel weight
fmf slip on
and a few other bells and jive,

so like nearly every 400-426 owner looking to shave weight. i am in the trying to design a airbox-panel combo out of 18gauge sheet metal, and some fiberglass or
if i can aquire some carbon fiber then use some of that.
i work in a metal fab shop with access to a cnc plasma table.

my goal is half the weight of the stock airbox, and a trick looking side panel.
if it goes well i will post some pics and maybe a finished product:ride:
once again thanks for all the helpful info!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spiney360

Posted March 08, 2009 - 11:43 AM

well scratch this plan.. my coolant froze last night and cracked the head, maybe more? i guys this is goodbye to the 400.

• kain522

Posted March 08, 2009 - 11:54 AM

well scratch this plan.. my coolant froze last night and cracked the head, maybe more? i guys this is goodbye to the 400.

Have you checked e-bay for parts? Maybe between them and Craigs list you can find a head or a parts bike for cheap. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.