6 replies to this topic
  • sabrecat700

Posted March 07, 2009 - 03:40 PM

Both my bro in laws went out and bought stock 04 and 05 KTM 525's We are all street legal with DOT dirt tires. To me the 525 looks nice and sounds fast with all the cc's. My 03 has the grey wire cut, opened airbox with K&N. I also have the YZF ex. cam and Dr. D's full exaust. I do not want to have to go buy another bike so I am not getting my but wiped by them all the time!!

I would like peoples opinion that have or know KTM's please.

Thanks for the info.

• DrzDasher

Posted March 07, 2009 - 05:50 PM

In a straight line you will lose, and top speed will be a little higher. Just remember there is no replacement for displacement.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 07, 2009 - 08:37 PM

The KTM's are 6 speeds, so you will have one less gear on the highway. They will have a higher top speed. You will have better rear suspension, and a far less fragile motorcycle. Don't buy a new bike, just gear it up if top speed is really important.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted March 07, 2009 - 10:25 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]your bike is fine[/COLOR]

• sabrecat700

Posted March 07, 2009 - 10:31 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]your bike is fine[/COLOR]

Yea, I know. I am geared up alot so i guess we will see. maybee they are sucky drivers!! LOL.

• bg10459

Posted March 08, 2009 - 06:19 AM

Most of the guys I ride with are on 525's and no one has lost me yet (90/10)

• erickdj

Posted March 08, 2009 - 07:13 AM

unless they are much better riders than you and run at full throttle all the time, they won't leave you in the dust. You'll be fine.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.