Installed new graphics on my blue 08

10 replies to this topic
  • dirtbiker771

Posted March 07, 2009 - 12:37 PM

Should I change the seat to black or stay with the two tone? Here are a couple of pics, the blue is on now and the black is a photoshop.

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

• DND

Posted March 07, 2009 - 12:50 PM

This is so like asking someone what flavor of icecream you should buy. Both look good and tie in with the color scheme of your machine well. My personal preference is the two tone because of the way the color border matches the blue on the shrouds and the black of the tank perfectly. Which is why I'm leaving mine that way. That said the all black works with the black rims.

Be a renegade, what do you like?

• FinchFan194

Posted March 07, 2009 - 12:54 PM

Looks good I would replace the stock cover for a grippier material I personally don't care for the covers on the newer bikes 07-08

• dirtbiker771

Posted March 07, 2009 - 12:57 PM

This is so like asking someone what flavor of icecream you should buy. Both look good and tie in with the color scheme of your machine well. My personal preference is the two tone because of the way the color border matches the blue on the shrouds and the black of the tank perfectly. Which is why I'm leaving mine that way. That said the all black works with the black rims.

Be a renegade, what do you like?

That's the problem, I like both. The stock definately has to go, I just can't decide whether to go back with a blue/black or all black gripper.

• dirtbiker771

Posted March 08, 2009 - 08:05 AM

Does anyone know if the One Industries two tone seat is a brighter blue than stock?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WILLIAMS37

Posted March 10, 2009 - 07:23 PM

Does anyone know if the One Industries two tone seat is a brighter blue than stock?

Not sure about your question, but I really REALLY recommend The One Industries Roughtek seatcover. Its like 50 bucks but it cleans up really good and looks like the day I bought it after a whole race season. And, I think your bike would look better with the black seat :p
Posted Image

• WILLIAMS37

Posted March 10, 2009 - 07:33 PM

And here's what it MIGHT look like with the One Industries Roughtek seat on there.
Posted Image

• DND

Posted March 10, 2009 - 07:58 PM

Anyone have any first hand experience with the GYTR Gripper covers? How does the material compare to an OEM '08 or '09 cover? They both come in the two tone and solid back colors.

• kawboy388

Posted March 11, 2009 - 02:38 AM

How about another option, the N Style custom in blue or black with the white panel at the back. The white panel would blend in with your side panels and rear fender sticker and you can have anything you want printed in the panel. 69 dollars.

• niles

Posted March 11, 2009 - 02:53 AM

FX bump seat,looks great and feels good too.

• YZF831

Posted March 11, 2009 - 05:05 AM

I like the black... Also agree with the FX "bump" cover or just there all gripper as well. FX makes good stuff. Bike looks great also!:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.