CRD 91dB exhaust system - impression

No replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted February 18, 2003 - 08:12 AM

Yesterday, I went riding at Stonyford. While staging a guy came up on a YZ426 with a CRD Absolute Performance pipe rated at 91dB. I asked him how he liked it but he couldn't answer as this was his first ride with the pipe.

My impression was WOW ! that freakin thing is huge!!!! Looks like a damn grenade launcher hanging off of it. It almost extended to the end of rear fender. The finish looks nice but man I bet it gets crushed on any slide out.

After the ride I saw the guy in the staging area again. I asked how he liked it. He said "felt like a 250" Did say it started to get better towards the end of the day. It sounded like the stocker w/baffle WR pipe

If I decide to go with the CRD I will opt for the 96 dB rated one. Not sure if it is as long but if it is, I may change my mind.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.