Any stator install tips or tricks

4 replies to this topic
  • 2DTrail

Posted March 06, 2009 - 08:58 PM

I'm going to be installing a new stator in my 06 wr450f and was wondering if there is anything I should know before starting. Looks pretty simple from the book but thought I would ask. Thanks.

• beniflas

Posted March 06, 2009 - 11:35 PM

When I installed a Ricky Stator in my '06 the stock bolts that hold the stator to the case cover were too short. The stator from Ricky Stator was about 1/4 inch thicker than the stock one. What kind of stator are you installing?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted March 07, 2009 - 04:57 AM

Use a narrow bead of Yamabond (aka ThreeBond) on the gromett where the wires pass through the case. Be sure all the guides are properly installed and the wires safe. Pay close attention to how and where the carnk position sensor mounts. Be gentle.

• KennyMc

Posted March 07, 2009 - 08:10 AM

Make sure you tuck the wires behind the bracket inside the side cover. If you don't, you might be out in the middle of some sweet Kennedy Meadows single track and your bike up and quits. You will then possible need to have a really nice friend on a CRF450R tow you out of said sweet single track:banghead: :p

It's just a suggestion:bonk:

• 2DTrail

Posted March 07, 2009 - 05:05 PM

Thanks, will remember those things when I get it apart! Just installing a stock Yamaha stator to replace a bad one.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.