I want a better helmet cam

8 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted February 18, 2003 - 05:11 AM

I had a helmet cam from helmetcam.com and I sold it.

Now dont get me wrong it was a good cam. It had good resolution, but the hookup hassle factor was too much for me to put up with. And for some reason it would "blank out" on me after riding with it for 2-3 minutes. Wierd huh? :)

Anyways, I got rid of it and I was wondering if anyone out there is using anything now that I may not know about that is not from helmetcam.com (unless they cam out with something new)

• The_Blue_One

Posted February 18, 2003 - 06:50 AM

Have you checked out Camera Link.Racinace A tter on the 250 side owns it> I tried one out last year and really liked it.If i could get over the fear of crashing and breaking my camera i would have one. :)

• Hick

Posted February 18, 2003 - 07:56 AM

Link fix:

Action Adventure Cams

They have a kit that comes w/ a Canon ZR-40 for $999.

So you are paying about $600 for the Canon, which is a bit under retail I think, because the same kit w/out the camcorder is $399 (now on sale for $379 it says).

$379 sounds like a good deal. It comes w/ a fanny pack, battery, automatic charger, housing etc.

Thanks for the link.

• MAD_POTTER

Posted February 18, 2003 - 07:59 AM

Milkman, Was yours the one thats selling on ebay for $179?
I've been considering one of them because of the low price.
If anyone else out there has used one of the ebay cams, are they any good?
KC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted February 18, 2003 - 08:32 AM

No, I never put mine on ebay.
I sold mine over a year ago.

Thanks guys for the links. I guess at this point in time using a camcorder with the HC is the only way to go. I keep holding out for a better setup. Something without a camcorder but with a recording device integrated into the HC.
Dosent seem as if there is anything such as that yet. ...oh well, I'll keep hoping! :)

• enduro400

Posted February 18, 2003 - 02:51 PM

Check the for sale section of this site, someone has one for sale!! :)

• jschner

Posted February 19, 2003 - 04:27 AM

If i could get over the fear of crashing and breaking my camera I would have one. :D

I'm with you. You know if they could just combine the video recording of a TIVO with the smallness of one of them MP3 players now we are talking. Could actually be a bolt on unit with removeable media. Some day it will happen, just like FI on dirtbikes. :)

• MOmilkman

Posted February 19, 2003 - 05:16 AM

You know if they could just combine the video recording of a TIVO with the smallness of one of them MP3 players now we are talking

This is what Im holding out for.

Of course we will probably pay a couple thousand for it.

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted February 19, 2003 - 05:19 AM

I have been using this camera for a couple of years.
http://www.customvideocameras.com/

It's only fault is that it's a bit slow compensating for sudden changes from shade to direct sun (takes 1.5 - 2 seconds) but other than that... no problems at all. My mounting technique uses large amounts of duct tape.

Here's a link to a street bike video that I made last year with it.
http://www.hiway31a.shorturl.com

Neil

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.