3500kms on standard sprockets

3 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted March 06, 2009 - 01:43 PM

Both my countershaft and rear sprockets are in need of replacing, at 3500km.

These are the sprockets that came with the bike when I bought it new. Is this reasonable life?

Just checking to see if I need to change my maintenance regime re lubing the chain.

From what I've read on Thumpertalk, I'm going steel for the new sprockets as they seem to last longer.

• KennyMc

Posted March 06, 2009 - 02:19 PM

Both my countershaft and rear sprockets are in need of replacing, at 3500km.

These are the sprockets that came with the bike when I bought it new. Is this reasonable life?

Just checking to see if I need to change my maintenance regime re lubing the chain.

From what I've read on Thumpertalk, I'm going steel for the new sprockets as they seem to last longer.

Iron Man sprocket from Dirttricks.com:thumbsup: Tell them you are a BRC member for a 10% disc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted March 06, 2009 - 05:52 PM

2500kms or 2170 Miles on sprockets is a very long time in my opinion.
I can't get 1500 out of a set of stockers.
Iron man is the way to go, or Sidewinder if you have buckets of money.

• diegox450

Posted March 10, 2009 - 08:41 AM

6500 kms (4062 miles) on stock sprockets and chain :p Just careful cleaning and lubing after each ride ( lots of mud and water here!! )

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.