03 yzf450 sidestand

7 replies to this topic
  • cheeseclip

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:56 PM

im really wanting a sidestand now haha. i never thought it was gonna be as much of a pain in the a** as it is. and since i mostly ride trails and forestry i do a bit of stop starting (you know how it is haha). anyway i was just wondering if anybody knows of a decent bolt-on sidestand kit. ive heard the trailtech stands arent so good, but what about the likes of a moose racing one?

thanks heaps

• 426 NOOB

Posted March 05, 2009 - 08:19 PM

im really wanting a sidestand now haha. i never thought it was gonna be as much of a pain in the a** as it is. and since i mostly ride trails and forestry i do a bit of stop starting (you know how it is haha). anyway i was just wondering if anybody knows of a decent bolt-on sidestand kit. ive heard the trailtech stands arent so good, but what about the likes of a moose racing one?

thanks heaps

pro moto billet is the best money can buy in my opinion. $150 http://www.promotobi...products_id/168

• SparksXR426

Posted March 05, 2009 - 08:28 PM

I have the Moose one, its OK but not hugely impressed with it. It mounts with the 2 bolts on the footpeg mount and has a hole that almost lines up with the chain roller but doesnt. That leaves it a little bit more flexy than it could be but not really a problem. It works fine but the Pro-Moto one is probably nicer. Anything beats laying the bike down to go back and help push your buddies bike though!:p

• tnl

Posted March 05, 2009 - 08:38 PM

Lots of posts about kickstands on this board.... Search.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cbrewer450

Posted March 06, 2009 - 07:05 AM

pro moto billet is the best money can buy in my opinion. $150 http://www.promotobi...products_id/168

+1 I have one on my 03 YZF450 and love it. I was having the same problem you are. It drove me crazy. I found mine on ebay for $80. Best money spent.

• Hallett20

Posted March 06, 2009 - 03:25 PM

+2 on the Pro moto billet.

• cheeseclip

Posted March 06, 2009 - 04:01 PM

i probably would never have found that stand so thanks. is it strong enough if i wanted to stand on it to kick my bike over?

• 426 NOOB

Posted March 06, 2009 - 06:31 PM

i probably would never have found that stand so thanks. is it strong enough if i wanted to stand on it to kick my bike over?

yes, that is unless you weigh over 200 lbs or so and you can lube chain on it too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.