03 yz450 tear down, powdercoat *pics*

9 replies to this topic
  • mitchicle

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:34 PM

As the title suggests i got tired of looking at my nasty old rusty frame. I tore it down and had the frame powder coated, along with some engine covers and such. Hope you like it. :ride: :moon:

This is the frame before.
Posted Image
Frame back from powder coat.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The engine with covers on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Getting there :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

Almost done,
Posted Image

• 426 NOOB

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:59 PM

As the title suggests i got tired of looking at my nasty old rusty frame. I tore it down and had the frame powder coated, along with some engine covers and such. Hope you like it. :ride: :moon:

This is the frame before.
Posted Image
Frame back from powder coat.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The engine with covers on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Getting there :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

Almost done,
Posted Image

awesome. I wish I had the time and money to completely go through mine like that. Great job.

• mitchicle

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:05 PM

Thanks, it was definitely expensive. Well worth it to me. (just don't ask the misses). I'm getting ready to send out my ricochet skidplate, flatland radiator guards, and frame guards to powder coat.

• 426 NOOB

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:10 PM

Thanks, it was definitely expensive. Well worth it to me. (just don't ask the misses). I'm getting ready to send out my ricochet skidplate, flatland radiator guards, and frame guards to powder coat.

that will definitely add to the color sceme. Its nice because you never see that orange color, but it looks awesome with blue

• mitchicle

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:17 PM

I definitely like it alot. When i took it in i asked for more of a copper color and the guy talked me into this. Glad i listened to him. Now if only it wasn't broken :moon: :ride: :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 07thommi

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:22 PM

That's a BSU colored bike for sure.

GO VANDALS!!!:p

-mt-

• mitchicle

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:29 PM

HAHA My girlfriend is a vandal alumnus. You know it looks way better than vandal crap.:p

• off_road_4_me

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:36 PM

the first time I looked at it I didnt like it.
Im starting to dig it, unique for sure! heaven forbid your bike ever gets stolen should be easy to identify.

• mitchicle

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:42 PM

I hope no one is dumb enough to steal this. I will post more pics when i get it done.:p

• 07thommi

Posted March 05, 2009 - 08:07 PM

HAHA My girlfriend is a vandal alumnus. You know it looks way better than vandal crap.:moon:

:ride: Hey I can't deny that. :moon:

Nice bike!:p

-mt-

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.