Clarke 2.6 gal?

8 replies to this topic
  • tcuda499

Posted March 05, 2009 - 03:28 PM

What are you guys running for a fuel shut off with these oversized tanks? The stock shut off works but it directs the fuel line forward towards the radiator than has to loop around. Looks messy.... Is there a good aftermarker shut off that will work better? Also I was thinking of running a shut off on the other side of the tank,exhaust side,and "Y" them together as a small reserve? what do you guys think? The stock shut is a little to thick and looks like it will come in contact with cylinder,any suggestions? thanks

• Jim813

Posted March 05, 2009 - 03:47 PM

On my clarke I mounted the stock petcock reversed, aligning the fuel outlet at the carb. This works but the fuel valve doesn't like to turn from off to on that easily. I also have a clarke petcock that has the on/off valve on the outside and aligns the fuel outlet with the carb that I may try soon.

• tcuda499

Posted March 05, 2009 - 04:04 PM

Ya,I tried that but the petcock lever hits the cylinder when reversed.Looks like I will do some shoping.....

• Smokeslider

Posted March 05, 2009 - 05:13 PM

I have the clarke and I used the OEM petcock. I haven't had any problems with it snagging on things and have had 0 comments as to it looking "ugly" or anything.

If it can make it through this, it can make it through anything:
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sloz71

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:32 PM

How in the **** did you do that to your bike. Was it sunk in a mud bog?

• Todddob

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:59 PM

Looks like riding through a newly thawed stubble field. Standard issue around here, When there isn't 2 ft of snow...............

• mitchicle

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:09 PM

Looks like 3 extensive pressure washes to get that pig remotely clean.

• grayracer513

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:49 PM

There's info in this thread and the one I link to in this post:

• Tau

Posted March 05, 2009 - 10:40 PM

On my Ims Tank I also reversed the petcock! Dont know if it my help others with IMS tank the petcock is hard to open and close thou.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.