Fav rear tire to Run - So Cal

6 replies to this topic
  • BlackT5

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:15 AM

My OE 756 rear is toast. I have a 952 on the front that I love. Whats your fav to run in the socal desert? I have nothing but good experience with the stock 756 but work pretty quick. I would not mind trying the 952 rear.

Options Please?

• grayracer513

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:46 AM

Try the 952 rear. It is nearly as good in intermediate soil (if there is any in California), at least as good on hard pack, and considerably better in soft stuff. Add to that that they cost less than a 756, and last as long as 4 of them.

• tntmo

Posted March 05, 2009 - 09:54 AM

Maxxis IT, or Maxxis Desert IT is all I run. Good tire, good price, and last a good long while.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 05, 2009 - 10:06 AM

Maxxis IT, or Maxxis Desert IT is all I run. Good tire, good price, and last a good long while.

Based on experience, the 952 is lighter, costs about the same, lasts longer, and bites better under almost all conditions than either Maxxis you mention. It also is much more predictable at the traction limit in a corner.

• FinchFan194

Posted March 05, 2009 - 10:15 AM

I will be going to a 952 for my next tire with this economy I am looking to stretch my dollars. Wanna see how long it last I am tired of blowing through Michelin MS3's.

• clutchless

Posted March 05, 2009 - 11:51 AM

Bridgestone 404 rear 403 front.

• yjcrawler

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:38 PM

i have had good luck with the maxxis will have to try a dunlop 952 next but maxxis is a good tire thats all i would use in clear creek it lasted a long time specialy in the cinabar and the soft serpintine

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.