Carbon fiber airbox = Performance?

2 replies to this topic
  • tripod

Posted August 07, 2002 - 09:40 PM

Recently I read an article in a Dirt Bike magazine a list of "performance" hop ups for a project bike. Listed in the Mag were the typical suspension, exhaust,and clutch mods oh yea a carbon fiber air box was listed too. Wait a minute did I just read carbon fiber airbox? I do not dispute most of these will dramaticly sweeten up any bike, but come on how competitive does a person have to be to benefit from the "performance" of a carbon fiber airbox? Dont get me wrong, they look bitchen, but at $250 to $350 Hmmm... Memo to all the new recruits of Dirt Biking, when you read the magazines don't get carried away and spend your money on carbon fiber anything until you have bought the BEST helmet, gogles, boots, gloves, body armor, health insurance, tools, money can buy! Then, and only then should you buy carbon fiber, billet, or magnesium goodies. Whew I feel better :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted August 07, 2002 - 09:47 PM

This public service announcement brought to you by T-Talk member tripod.

:) :D :D :D :D

• lewichris

Posted August 07, 2002 - 09:52 PM

i hear that with having stiff walls for the airbox that you are able to get better air flow. or something like that. A buddy said yz timeing and carbon fiber airbox are the two power booster upgrades to do. Now take that for what it is worth. Just my 2 cents

[ August 07, 2002: Message edited by: lewichris ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.