FMF Q on my YZ450F

8 replies to this topic
  • ekemner

Posted February 17, 2003 - 03:02 PM

Just to let you know that I picked up my YZ450F on Saturday and took it to the indoor super cross track totally stock on Sunday and it was awesome!! I then installed the FMF Q on it on Sunday night and I have a DB meter so I tested it at 3500 RPM as required by the CCC here in Michigan at 20" away at a 45 degree angle with the meter set at 500 to 10000 Hz which is the most sensitive range of the human ears and it tested at 94 db. That is the max here in Michigan but I am very pleased as it took very little power from the bottom end of the bike and added some at the top. Also on the scale it added no weight as it was pound for pound the same. Hope this helps!!

Eric

:) :D

Mods: FMF Q, 909 Hand guards, Panaram Odometer, Scotts Dampner, Dunlop 773 front and rear, TT Kickstand
:D :D

• Ridin'_MD

Posted February 17, 2003 - 06:03 PM

How did you get the Q????

I was told it was on backorder - my canadian silencer sucks.

Bud

• Math

Posted February 18, 2003 - 09:30 AM

Do you have the stock or FMF header?

• ogrebelle

Posted February 18, 2003 - 09:53 AM

ekemner,
Is yours the "new" Q or the old one (prior to about 5 mos ago)? Just curious. I called FMF and they said the new Q was designed specifically to beat the new CA sound regs. I'm wondering if they had to choke it up more as compared to the old Q or if their performance is similar.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Superbike

Posted February 18, 2003 - 03:21 PM

Ekemer, wich track did you go to? ---Mike

• ekemner

Posted February 18, 2003 - 03:43 PM

I ordered it from Rocky Mountain ATV in the dirt rider magazine and they had it in stock. It was $296 to my door and looks different than there old design so it must be the new one. It mounted perfectly with no effort, Everything lined right up!!

• ekemner

Posted February 18, 2003 - 03:44 PM

I ordered it from Rocky Mountain ATV in the dirt rider magazine and they had it in stock. It was $296 to my door and looks different than there old design so it must be the new one. It mounted perfectly with no effort, Everything lined right up!! I used the stock header!

• ekemner

Posted February 18, 2003 - 03:47 PM

It looks different than there old design (FMF logo). So I assum it is the new one. The dyno in the dirt rider magazine last month shows the power but there DB test was way off. It will pass 94.

Eric

• ekemner

Posted February 18, 2003 - 03:53 PM

Go to this web site
Prosource Suzuki

They have an indoor Arena Cross, You have to pay $20 for a year membership and then you can ride Sunday through Friday (Saturday is race day) for $25 as long as you want. I go once a week, Helps keep me fresh and now that I have this new YZ450F I need lots!!!! Monday, Tuesday, Thursday they average 14 people all day so on these days the track is almost yours alone as long as you want to ride. Go to the web site, It will show you some photos.

Eric :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.