sounds like a rebuild to me

4 replies to this topic
  • racemile

Posted February 17, 2003 - 01:36 PM

I wanted to do this as a different post from "i didnt seize the engine" Can you guys give me some input on who puts out a good rebuild kit? I dont know if I will have to do top or bottom or both but i need to be aware of who provides quality parts at good prices and ships when they say they will.

Any input would be apprecieated

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 17, 2003 - 02:32 PM

What do you mean by a "rebuild kit"? If something's shot, I replace with stock parts. I think 2-strokes have those sorts of things because it has to be done so often, but I've never heard of a rebuild kit for these motors. or both have parts lookup features and have really good prices if you don't trust your local shop.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racemile

Posted February 17, 2003 - 02:44 PM

Thanks Rich,

I needed some company names. I have never trusted my local shops or their price gouging ways. I dont know yet what I am going to have to do to fix the scoot. By "kit" I mean that I used to be able to buy a rebuild kit for a car that would include pistons, rings, bearings (main and piston) or a valve kit that had all new springs and rocker arms etc./..

I dont know if they have those for scooters or if need to make decisions on every part.

Thanks for the names

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted February 17, 2003 - 03:35 PM

I was just looking on ebay for WR parts and came across this: Yamaha YZ426 426 Crank Rebuild Kit I think it will work in your bike.

• racemile

Posted February 17, 2003 - 03:57 PM

That looks great!! I cant think of any reason why it wouldnt fit. I think the crank assemblys would be the same between an 01 yz 426 and an 02 wr 426. I mean I think that the differences in the engine have to do with cam timing and setup not internal engine parts. Can anyone confirm or deny this assumption??

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.