Paddle for YZ426... What size

25 replies to this topic
  • M0SSLAGER

Posted June 04, 2009 - 01:26 PM

This thread really makes me want to hit the dunes again now.

I havent been that excited about it because of how potentially destructive the sand can be, but its also tons of fun

That said, the YZF is staying at home i think in favor of this one -- it is a sand dune maniac , ---- but if i didnt have a big Kwacker, i wouldnt hesitate to take the 4 banger if it was all i had. ---------- I use an 8 paddle --- the 500 has surplus horsepower for me though, so i wouldnt hesitate to use a 10 paddle

Posted Image

Ya thats a duner for sure!

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 04, 2009 - 01:40 PM

You're right, Pismo is no comparison for G, but during summer its nice to hit some dunes where its still in the 70's and you can go for a swim when you're all done. The problem with Pismo for me is I can't make it a weekend trip like Glamis and need to go for at least 4 full days to justify the haul up there.

same here, when i go i stay for about a week,i only go there during summer mabye 3 times. but now gas is goin back up again i dont think i wana drive all that way id rather just go to glamis. have u riddin at night at glamis with that light on your bike, im thinking about doin the same to my yz450 but i want an 8 in hid:smirk:

• grayracer513

Posted June 04, 2009 - 01:44 PM

The problem with Pismo for me is I can't make it a weekend trip like Glamis

The other problem is that the sand at Pismo is full of salt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • REDBULLRICK

Posted June 04, 2009 - 02:56 PM

[quote name='grayracer513']The other problem is that the sand at Pismo is full of salt.[/QUOTE

yea, you just need to be sponsored by rustyz, and then your race ready:lol :

• M0SSLAGER

Posted June 05, 2009 - 06:26 AM

same here, when i go i stay for about a week,i only go there during summer mabye 3 times. but now gas is goin back up again i dont think i wana drive all that way id rather just go to glamis. have u riddin at night at glamis with that light on your bike, im thinking about doin the same to my yz450 but i want an 8 in hid:smirk:

Ya I did several night rides from wash 11 to Olds, navigated by a handlebar mounted Garmin GPS. The light worked well but you really need a helmet light to see down into the bowls. For me it was a guessing game at many drops because I kept my light aimed a little high for the straight aways. I have a quad set up with 2 4" HIDs with a broader beam pattern that I will usually have someone ride behind me on so it lights up everything very well.

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 05, 2009 - 06:55 AM

Ya I did several night rides from wash 11 to Olds, navigated by a handlebar mounted Garmin GPS. The light worked well but you really need a helmet light to see down into the bowls. For me it was a guessing game at many drops because I kept my light aimed a little high for the straight aways. I have a quad set up with 2 4" HIDs with a broader beam pattern that I will usually have someone ride behind me on so it lights up everything very well.

yea iv been riding at glamis since i was a little kid, dropping into the bowls at night is the fun part lol, but iv never riddin my 450 at night just my rhino and borrowed my cusins yfz450s because they dont ride at night.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.