TTR 250 exhaust insert in a WR400?

4 replies to this topic
  • SF

Posted February 14, 2001 - 10:07 PM

Anyone try the ttr250 exhaust insert in a wr400 stock exhaust

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 14, 2001 - 04:47 PM

SF i have been running that set up for a year now and it works geart,just change the pilot jet one size up.
monty

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonez34

Posted February 14, 2001 - 05:40 PM

that's funny, we looked at our baffles 2000 wr and our friends baffle 1999 ttr250, and they looked identical, is there a difference?

------------------
DRZ400E: Where's the power on this thing?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 15, 2001 - 05:16 PM

Remove the baffle and you see the diffrence also the out let is larger on the ttr250 and when you install it in the wr it will make a little more top end.Sounds good to.
monty

• bobwombat

Posted February 15, 2001 - 06:14 PM

Just FYI, I talked to a couple factory Yamaha guys out here in Arizona last weekend @ a local enduro race who said they installed a TTR250 insert on the one guy's WR250 (yep, that right!). Said it helped a bit w/performance & passed tech inspection. Why not try it on the 400? BTW, the WR250 was VERY cool &, they said, is the same bike that was recently featured on a Speedvision test ride the week before. Couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the WR250 & then figured they MUST be real yammie boys!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.