TM Designworks chain guide

7 replies to this topic
  • _JoNeS_

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:07 AM

I purchased a TM Designworks chain guide last year sometime and have been running it on a 2006 yz450f, I am pretty pleased with it but I am unsure whether it is the correct one of my bike, the packet it came in has the correct product code and it says it fits my bike on the label. It also looks the exact shape as the one on their site apart from the cut outs are triangles. See my photo -

Posted Image

This is what they appear like on their site for my bike

Posted Image

This seems to be similar to what I mean on this rm, pictured on their main page when you open their site, it has triangular cut outs rather than the circular ones.....

Posted Image

I have emailed them already asking but it seemed they didn't understand me very well, anyway I hope one of you fellas knows, I know its nothing major they have probably just updated their design or something, but I wanted to make sure as to prevent me damaging anything running the wrong part. I also have bad OCD :p !

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:47 AM

yup you got the right one. i got the same on on my 07 yz250 and i also got there chain slider for the swingarm..

dont worrie your fine:thumbsup:

• _JoNeS_

Posted March 03, 2009 - 11:07 AM

dude are you sure yours is the same I think the 07 one is meant to look like this according to their list

http://www.ziptyraci...spx?id=MTY5MQ==

, I'm also after getting the slider, I think they do the roller as well which I might get. Meant to outlast the OEM stuff pretty well.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 03, 2009 - 11:59 AM

dude are you sure yours is the same I think the 07 one is meant to look like this according to their list

http://www.ziptyraci...spx?id=MTY5MQ==

, I'm also after getting the slider, I think they do the roller as well which I might get. Meant to outlast the OEM stuff pretty well.

yes im sure mine looks just like yours.. my bike is a 2007 yz 250 2 stroke no fourstroke..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • _JoNeS_

Posted March 04, 2009 - 09:55 AM

After all it is the correct one, TM got back to me again after I sent them the photo. I presume they just altered their cut outs in the molds slightly or something.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 04, 2009 - 12:12 PM

After all it is the correct one, TM got back to me again after I sent them the photo. I presume they just altered their cut outs in the molds slightly or something.

just what i thought.. :p

• Wiz636

Posted March 04, 2009 - 01:11 PM

Whew...we can all relax now :p

• Justin89

Posted March 04, 2009 - 07:32 PM

Yea looks like you got the right one. On the older yzs, rm guide actually will fit as well

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.