Performance

3 replies to this topic
  • ISBB

Posted February 17, 2003 - 08:09 AM

Im Looking to do a big bore kit entire exhaust suspension and graphics on my bike shortly... I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get the big bore kit... looking for maybe 440 or more... i dont mind running race gas or avgas... i live in southern cali and its mostly a dune bike... any ideas... i am gonna go with the DMC Alien pipe and header and the white brother torqx insert. and im still looking for the graphics kit i like... :D :)

• Hick

Posted February 17, 2003 - 09:00 AM

Call Eric Gorr in WI for the big bore: 920-356-0741

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted February 17, 2003 - 09:42 AM

is it a buisness... what kind of big bore...

• Hick

Posted February 17, 2003 - 10:46 AM

what kind of big bore

What do you mean by that? A big bore is just that, a cylinder bored out larger than stock.

Eric Gorr is an engine builder. Send him your stock barrel and he will have it bored and plated and return the parts to you along w/ a Wiseco piston. There are a few compression ratios to chose from. A stock 426 bore is 95mm, Wiseco makes a 97mm piston that will result in 444 ccs.

Your other option is to have the crank offset ground to increase the stroke, increasing the displacement that way (you could still increase the bore also). This is a more involved modification and therefore isn't quite as popular. The only shop I've heard of that does this is Stroker, I don't have a number for them.

Hope this helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.