Allergic to Neoprene

3 replies to this topic
  • Javelin

Posted August 07, 2002 - 04:20 AM

Is anyone allergic to synthetic materials in gloves such as PVC, neoprene, etc.? My 14 year old son has severe allergic reactions to these synthetic materials to the point where he cannot wear gloves at all. Any ideas on a glove that is 100% leather? Every glove that I have looked at has some type of synthetic material. Thanks for any help!

• Dodger

Posted August 07, 2002 - 05:29 AM

A buddy of mine has never ridden with nothing more than a pair of leather work gloves from the local hardware store. He swears by them......

Dodger :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_UK

Posted August 07, 2002 - 07:04 AM

another option is to go to the local film processing shop,, and ask if u can have a pair of the cotton gloves they use to handle the negatives

then wear these under ur mx gloves

• CO_Dan

Posted August 07, 2002 - 07:05 AM

Try for leather gloves.

Also, you can generally get good deerskin gloves at places that sell things like work boots, leather, etc.

I recommend you get gloves that are soft and thin, cheap gloves, such as workman gloves, are stiff and will fry your hand as you hold on to the bars.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.