Easy way to reset stock trip meter

6 replies to this topic
  • ggbshe

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:17 PM

I got sick of spending a half hour to reset the stock WR tip meter. There is no room for you hand and its such a pain to rest. So here is a quick and easy way I used. Takes about 2.5 seconds to reset it.

Get a socket that will fit over the reset knob. I used a 19mm. Pull out the knob. Attatch the scoket to an extention and then to a cordless drill, put it reverse and spin away. Worked great!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Dube2

Posted March 02, 2009 - 07:53 PM

Awesome! Now What Do You Do On The Trail?

• taksx

Posted March 02, 2009 - 09:50 PM

Nice! I use a rubber hose to the drill, on the trail I use two fingers :ride:

Eddie :p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ggbshe

Posted March 03, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Awesome! Now What Do You Do On The Trail?

This, of course, is done at home after a big ride. On the trail just use the good old fingers. I guess it will do till I get a digital speedo.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted March 04, 2009 - 06:39 AM

The easy way to reset the odometer is simple. Go to your local Yamaha dealer and order a knob for a TTR 250. It is 2 1/2 times bigger in diameter than the WR knob and fits in it's place. Did this back when I had a WR 400 and also on my WR 450 before putting a complete speedometer for a XT 350 onto the WR. I also swapped the knob over to the XT unit. Has worked great for years.:p
Jim

• Rick_R

Posted March 04, 2009 - 01:47 PM

I just press a button on my 07, it's easy!!!

• acarter92

Posted March 05, 2009 - 03:45 AM

I just press a button on my 07, it's easy!!!

Same here, my stock odometer took a crap last year and I bought a trailtech vector. :p

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.